Mark Buchanan žurnale Nature apžvelgia Len Fisher knygą The Perfect Swarm: The Science of Complexity in Everyday Life apie bandos jausmą gerąja (daug rankų didžią naštą pakelia) ir blogąja (kūrybiškumo praradimas) prasme. Išvada:

To benefit from others’ possible knowledge of the best route, but to avoid following the herd into a dead end, Fisher suggests that you should “follow the crowd 60 per cent of the time, and spend the other 40 per cent searching out escape routes on your own”.

iš [Why you shouldn’t always follow the crowd Nature](